Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

best restaurant website 2020 | wix website



Hi everyone, andwelcome to this video. My name is Greg, and today, I'm goingto be showing you how to make a websitefor your restaurant in the shortest amount of time,and with no technical skills. So, you can get really in-depthon how to make a website, but in this tutorial, I'm gonna try to keepit under 10 minutes, and walk you through the majorityof how to make the website, so, you can make a basic websitefor your restaurant today. Without further ado,let's get right into the computer. So, the first thing to talk about is, we're going to be usinga website builder. The website builder we'regonna use is called Wix. Wix is one of the biggestwebsite builders. So, it's a really goodoption to use. Now, if you don't usea website builder, you have to hire a programmer, someone who's going tomanually code your website. This is extremelyexpensive, time consuming, and if you want to update your menuor update your location phone number, you have to contact the programmer, and they have to changeit from their back end. Using a website builder like this, you can change anythingon your website and push it to yourlive website instantly, in a few clicks of a button. and you don't need anytechnical skills. So, 

this is Wix right here.It's wix.com. I've used so many of thewebsite builders out there, and I've even paid programmersto make websites, but I know that if you're making abasic website for your restaurant, and you need it something easy, Wix is the best option. So, with that being said, I'm actually affiliatedwith Wix on this video. So, you can use my signup link, and it gives me credit down the roadfor you signing up using the link. If you want to just go to wix.com,and sign up there, no problem, but if you type in thislink right up top, it actually gives mecredit down the road. I'm gonna link thisin the description. So, if you want touse it, feel free.

If not, you can just go to wix.comand follow along there. So, I'm gonna go through asif you were to use my link. So, this is going tobring you to my link, and it's the same thing aswhat we just saw before, but it just gives me credit. You can either hit 'start now' here,or you can hit 'get started' here. Both will just bring you to creatingan account and choosing your template. I'm gonna hit'get started' right here, then it's gonna askus to login or signup. So, if you already have a Wixaccount, you can log in right here. If you don't, just hit 'sign up,' and you can set an emailaddress and a password, and it'll bring you rightto the same place. So, I set this example here. I'm just gonna use that andgo ahead and log in. We don't have a website yet, so, it's gonna say'create your first website.' We'll just hit that right there, and it's going to ask,what kind of business we are? Just to point us in the rightdirection of templates. 

So, we're going to use'restaurants and food.' If you want to change that at all, you can come down to theside over here, and you can go even more specificor a different category. Just look at all the templates. I'm actually going togo down to 'restaurant,' and we'll do that right there, and now, you can scrollthrough all these templates, and you can choose whateverone you'd like to use. What I suggest you do is,go and view these, so, you can pause this videohere in about 30 seconds, but what you'll do is, gothrough, see which one you like, and then, just hit 'view' on it. Instead of edit, you can view it,just to kind of try it out, and see what it would look like. So, if you hit 'view,' you can see what thiswebsite would look like if you were to customize it asyour own, and then, if you like it, you can hit 'edit this site.' If you don't, you canclose out of that tab, or just go back to the other tab, and it'll bring you backto exactly where we were. I'm actually going togo with this template. This is the one thatI just chose before, and I'm gonna go ahead andhit 'edit this site,' so, you can pause the video, and you can find a templatethat you like here. Now, we are in the Wix editor. This is where we canactually edit things, to customize it to our own website. I know this is going alittle bit quickly, but this can go really indepth and take a long time. I have a full Wixtutorial that I've made that goes into detail on whatall of these buttons do. I'm gonna link that downin the description as well. So, after this tutorial, you can watch that one if you want more details onwhat all these buttons do. Also remember, as you'regoing through this tutorial, If you have any questions, you can leave themdown in the comments, and I'll get back to you. I'm always checking it, andI can help you out there. But the first thingwe're gonna do here is, just adjust the namethat's in this corner. 

So, what you can dois double click that, and you can actuallystart typing. If your restaurantname was 'Taco Crazy.' that would be a coolrestaurant name. 

You can just type in'Taco Crazy' right there. If you have specific colors,or specific fonts that you use, double click that, you canchange the font right here. Change it to whatever you like. You can change the size,the color, everything right there, or if you have a logo already made, what we're gonna do is,just click this once, and actually hit the backspace ordelete button on your keyboard. That's going to take thatout completely, no text. We're gonna go over to 'add.' We'll go to 'image,'and then, 'my image uploads.' 

I don't have a logo ready for this. So, I'm actually just goingto pick a photo of me. This will be pretty funny, but I'm gonna put that in as our logo. All we have to do forthat is hit 'upload media,' and choose our 'computer,'that's where the file is, and then, select the itemthat you want to upload. This is hopefully your logo file, and it might prompt youwith something here. If that's the case,just X out of that, and then, all we have todo is hit 'add to page.' Once this is here,this is our logo right here. So, I'm just going to make it smaller, just so it fits in thiswhite area up here, and I'm gonna drag it right in,and if it fits all the way in, you see how the blue bordersare within the 'white' here, it's going to turn that header orange, and that's actually going to allowus to add it to the header. 

So, let me show you what that means.Add it to header. Okay, got it. Now, if we were to preview the site, we can see that, that's in theheader, and it stays up there. It doesn't go away aswe scroll past it. That's perfect. That's whereyou want your logo to stay. You want your header and all your menu optionsto be up top here as people scroll through your site. We'll go back to edit here and then, we're going to come down, and we're going tochange the name here. 

So, you want this to be thename of your restaurant, or the main food item that you served. As you can see, this templatehas the name of the restaurant, and then, what kind of foodthey serve. This is perfect. So, I'm just gonna change this to'Taco Crazy.' If you run into an issue like this, you can select all of that text, and you can actually make it a bitsmaller, and then, when you click off, you should have your text right there, and you don't get anyweird formatting, and if at any point you mess up,and you want to go back, you can hit this backbutton right here, then, it'll undo the changes, or you can go forward and redothe changes that you just made. I'm gonna go ahead and just leavethis Mexican cuisine how it is, and I'm going to addressthe three buttons here. This is actually really good for arestaurant. It's a small landing page. So, it'll load really quickly, and then, people have the mainoptions that you want them to do. 

Menu, order online, ormake a reservation. Now, you can adjust these by clickingon this, and then change text. So, if you wanted thatto say 'view menu,' you could change it to'view,' just like that, and then, you can make sure thatit's linking to your menu page. So, you have thedrop-down of all the pages that come by standardon this template. You can make sure it'slinking to your menu page. Once that's done, just makesure it's in current window, so it's not taking themsomewhere else. Hit 'done,' and that's all you haveto adjust there. Like I said, this tutorialis going extremely fast. 

So, if you are getting lost at all, just know that you can leave a commentbelow, and I will help you out there, or you can watch the full tutorialthat'll go through step by step, just explaining everythingslower and in more detail, but I didn't want to makethis tutorial at a swift pace. So, I'm not wasting your time, and you can use the pausebutton along the way if you need to slow down a little bit. With that being said, we're goingto scroll back up to the top, and we're going to come tothis little drop down here. 

This is how you navigate fromdifferent pages. As you can see, You can't click itright now in editor. If you want to be able to click that, you have to hit'preview,' and then, you can navigate to different pages,but we're not going to use that. We're going to stay in editor, andwe're going to hit the 'drop down,' and come down to thedifferent pages here. What we're going to do is just goalong all these pages and edit it, or fill it out withour own information. So, we'll hit 'our story' right here.This is the 'about page.' 

What we're going to do is, switch this to the nameof your restaurant. So, we're gonna hit'Taco Crazy's Story,' and then, we'll scroll down here, and we can change all thisinformation to fit our restaurant. Now, a cool little trickI want to show you is, see this 'no text' over here,if you want to add text, and you want it to look exactlylike this, without wasting time, you can click this one once.You can hold shift, and click the one below it,and then, you can copy it. 

So, right click, copy, come down over here. Click once, and then rightclick again and paste it. Now, it will paste that exact thingright over here, and you can drag it. Now, you can startcustomizing it there, and then,It'll save you a lot of time. So, we're just going to dothis on all of the pages until the information iscustomized how we like it. So, what about the photos? This is one of the mostimportant parts of the website, and you want to make sure that theymatch what your restaurant stands for. What we're gonna do is justclick on this background here. Make sure you're not selectinga text, or anything like that. 

Click on the background once, and then we'll hit'change strip background' here, and we can do settings toadjust how the photo looks, or we can switch the image entirely. A little thing I want to show youjust for using Wix website builder is, you can actually goto 'free from Wix,' and now, you have a bunch offree professional stock photos that you can choose from,in case, you don't have any professionalones taken of your own restaurant. If we type in 'Taco,' we can see that we havesome stock photos of tacos that we could choosefrom right here. So, I'm gonna go ahead, andchoose this one right here, and then, we'll justhit 'change background,' and now, you can see thatit changed that background to this new photo here. If this text is kind of blending in, you see how it's white texton a light white background, all you have to do is hit'settings' on the photo, and then, right at the top,you have image opacity. 

So, just change that from thatkind of ruby red color to a black, and then, drag this imageopacity down to like 60. Now, you can see, you can readthe text again just like that. So, we can X out of that, and we're almost donewith our site already. So, I want to change theaddress down here. Make sure that you justdouble click that, and type in the actualaddress of your restaurant, this way, peoplecan easily find you, they can click that addressand pull it up in maps. And then, the other thingis, double click over here, and change 'Madre' to thename of your restaurant, and you can delete'proudly created by Wix,' because you might not wantto display that on your site. A little fun fact for you is just byyou creating this website by hand, you actually own the copyright to it. 

That's what this copyrightsymbol is right here, and you put the yearthat you created this, and that way, you're protected bysimple copyright. Easy as that. Then only a couple of morethings on this template. As you can see, there is a socialbar up top, so we can click on that, and we can do 'settings,' and then, you can comedown to settings,  and you can actually removeones that you don't have, or you could turn onones that you do have, and then, you can set the links tolink to those profiles. Easy as that, and that way, you'resocially connected. So, if people want to see yourFacebook page, or your Yelp page, they can easily click it right here. We're basically wrappedup already here. Just go through here, and change outyour photos, change out your text, make everything customto your restaurant, and then, you can hit 'publish.' 

Now, our website is live onthe internet, just like that. We have a free websiteon the internet. Now, the only stipulation to this is,if we hit 'view site,' It'll bring us to that website, but as you can see, it has Wix branding on it. So, it's not really all your website. It still says 'Wix' in thedomain name, the URL, and then, it also still hasthe Wix branding throughout. So, if you want to make thisentirely your own website, all you have to do is, hit 'upgrade'right here, compare plans, and then, you can seethe different plans. You pay a couple of dollars per month,and the website is entirely yours. So, it's going to bring youto the business plans, but if you stuck aroundthis far in the video, I think you deserve this.You can come right over to website, and you can actuallyget cheaper plans. What I recommend isthe unlimited plan. It's gonna give youeverything you need. 

Customize it to beexactly your own website. It won't say anything about Wix, and you'll be set for onlyseven dollars a month. You don't need to use a bigbusiness plan for this. If you want to, feel free. There's a couple options like,you can accept payments online, but if you're just making reservations and not processingpayments on your website, If you just have people paywhen they get to the restaurant, You can use anunlimited plan like this, and you'll have everything you need. So, guys, if you've made itthis far in the tutorial, everything is basically done. If you want a slower, more detailed tutorial of how touse Wix to build your own website, I'm gonna link that downin the description, so, you can watch that ona little bit slower pace and learn all the small things. 

This was a quick tutorial. So, if you have any questions,leave them down in the comments, and I'll get back to you withan answer to help you out, and put this site together. With that being said, I hopeyou guys enjoyed this website. I'm looking forward to you havingyour own restaurant's website. If you have anyquestions, let me know, and I will see youguys in the next one. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments